The APPSPGHAN is now open to accept new applications for membership to the Society. Please refer to the following guidelines:
The following professionals are eligible for membership:
- Specialists with at least two years of formal training in pediatric gastroenterology, hepatology, and nutrition
- Allied medical professionals who support and promote the practice of the subspecialty (e.g., pediatric surgeons, nutritionists, dietitians, etc.).
- Regular Member: a certified medical specialist in the field of pediatric gastroenterology, hepatology, and nutrition.
- Affiliate Member: a certified allied medical professional practicing in a field related to pediatric gastroenterology, hepatology, or nutrition.
- Emeritus Member: a full member who has been active with the APPSPGHAN for at least two years and has reached the age of 65 years or over, whose request for reclassification has been approved by the APPSPGHAN Council.
- Honorary Member: a specialist who has been bestowed an honorific membership due to his/her outstanding contribution to the APPSPGHAN as approved by the APPSPGHAN Council.
3.CRITERION FOR ACTIVE MEMBERSHIP
- Regular and affiliate members who have paid their membership dues for the specified period shall be considered “active” members.
- The validity period of active membership shall be for 2 years and this is subject to a renewal process.
- Voting rights: Only active and emeritus members have voting rights in the General Assembly.
- Participation in General Assembly: All members regardless of the membership categories are enjoined to attend the General Assembly.
- Elective and appointive positions: Only active and emeritus members are eligible for these positions.
- Discounted registration rates to APPSPGHAN-endorsed meetings, including FISPGHAN congresses.
5.PROCESS OF APPLICATION
Application for membership must be applied online via the APPSPGHAN website. The following documents are required:
For first-time applicants:
- Properly-filled, online application form using this link: https://appspghan.org/Membership/Application
- Copy of completion of training or certification from the training institution OR
Letter of recommendation from the President of the local pediatric gastroenterology, hepatology, and nutrition society OR any one of the APPSPGHAN Council member.
- Payment of membership dues
For renewal of membership:
- An email notification will be sent to the member together with the link to credit card payment before the membership status expires.
The cost for new membership application is USD 120 for two (2) years.
For the renewal of the non-expired membership, the cost is USD 100 for two (2) years.
- If the membership has lapsed for less than one (1) year,the renewal fee will be USD 120 for 2 years.
- The renewal date will be counted from the expiry date (Indochina time, UTC+07.00), regardless of the date of payment.
- If the membership has lapsed for one (1) year or longer, reapplication will be required by resending of the appropriate document. (Copy of completion of training or certification from the training institution OR letter of recommendation from the President of the local pediatric gastroenterology, hepatology, and nutrition society ORany one of the APPSPGHAN Council member).
All approved applications shall be announced at the next APPSPGHAN General Assembly. If the membership of a regular or affiliate member has lapsed for one (1) year or longer, the renewal of membership will require the approval from the APPSPGHAN Council upon the recommendation of the Executive Committee.