New! Guidelines on the APPSPGHAN Education Grants
The APPSPGHAN is now open to engage with various stakeholders who would like to contribute financial support towards the projects of the Society.
GENERAL GUIDELINES ON THE APPSPGHAN EDUCATIONAL GRANTS
- Any individual or group, whether governmental or non-governmental in nature, is welcome to donate funds towards the educational activities of the APPSPGHAN.
- The eligibility of the donors shall be reviewed by the Executive Committee (Execom) or its designated representative in accordance with known policies and regulations governing donations.
- All funds received shall be pooled together for the sole use of the Society in its educational endeavors. These may be in the form of support for the development of original researches, clinical practice guidelines, position statements, information dissemination, and the like.
- No donor shall impose upon the Society the specific educational activity for the donated fund in order to maintain the integrity of the projects.
- Any fund donated shall be acknowledged in the books and other official materials of the APPSPGHAN including the Annual Report of the Society.
- Only active and other legitimate members of the APPSPGHAN are eligible to apply for an educational grant, the amount of which shall be determined by the significance of the proposed project, availability of funds, and compliance with deliverables.
- Interested individuals or groups shall fill out an application form requesting for its use along with the research proposal and proposed budget.
- Grants shall be provided on a per-project basis regardless of the number of APPSPGHAN members collaborating on the single project, with only one member representing the team.
- A committee designated by the Execom shall be tasked to review the proposal using a set of evaluation criteria.
- The applicant member shall be informed of the results of the grant application through the email address provided.
- The release of the grant shall be accompanied by a memorandum of agreement entered into by the grant applicant and the APPSPGHAN President, witnessed by two other members of the Execom.
RULES ON IMPLEMENTATION OF THE GRANT
1. Eligibility Criteria
- 1.1. All grant applications shall focus on identifying and proposing solutions to problems and or issues on pediatric gastroenterology, hepatology, endoscopy, and nutrition in the Asia-Pacific region.
- 1.2. The principal researcher should be an active OR emeritus member of the APPSPGHAN.
- 1.3. The research shall be conducted in the Asia-Pacific region.
2. Approval Process
- 2.1. All grant proposals shall be evaluated by the Grants Committee whose main function is to filter and direct the proposals to the corresponding Subcommittee of the Scientific Committee for review and recommendation.
- 2.2. The Grants Committee shall propose to the Executive Committee (Execom) the evaluation status and recommend approval (or disapproval) including the scope and the budget.
- 2.3. The output of all grants shall be preferentially published in the Journal of the APPSPGHAN (if applicable).
3. Disbursement Terms and Procedures
- 3.1. The Grants Committee shall be designated by the Execom and shall be composed of at least 5 members, including the APPSPGHAN Treasurer, at least 2 members of the Scientific Committee or its subcommittees, and at least a member of the APPSPGHAN Council.
- 3.2. All grant outputs shall be submitted at the latest 12 months after the issuance of the grant. Should the grant project take longer than expected, an interim report must be submitted, detailing the progress report, the reasons for failure to complete the project, and the proposed new date of submission. A final report shall be submitted following the revised date of project completion.
- 3.3. All grantees shall submit a financial report of the grant along with the final research output.
- 3.4. Research proposals that will entail longer than one year to complete shall be renewed on a year-to-year basis, depending on the deliverables.
- The APPSPGHAN Treasurer shall include in the annual financial report the income and expenses of the grant funding and provide a list of the approved projects and the respective implementation status.
- 5.1. All presentations and/or publications relating to the approved grant shall carry the following statement in its printed version: "This project was made possible through an unrestricted APPSPGHAN Educational Grant."
- 5.2. There should be no reference to the names of the specific donor or donors.
- 5.3. Failure to comply with any of the above terms shall disqualify the grantee from future grant applications.