The APPSPGHAN is now open to accept new applications for membership to the Society. Please refer to the following guidelines:
GUIDELINES ON MEMBERSHIP
The following professionals are eligible for membership:
- Specialists with at least two years of formal training in pediatric gastroenterology, hepatology, and nutrition
- Allied medical professionals who support and promote the practice of the subspecialty (e.g., pediatric surgeons, nutritionists, dietitians, etc.).
- Regular Member: a certified medical specialist in the field of pediatric gastroenterology, hepatology, and nutrition.
- Affiliate Member: a certified allied medical professional practising in the field related to pediatric gastroenterology, hepatology, or nutrition.
- Emeritus Member: a full member who has been active with the APPSPGHAN for at least two years and has reached the age of 65 years or over, whose request for reclassification has been approved by the APPSPGHAN Council.
- Honorary Member: a specialist who has been bestowed an honorific membership bestowed upon a specialist due to his/her outstanding contribution to the APPSPGHAN as approved by the APPSPGHAN Council.
3. CRITERION FOR ACTIVE MEMBERSHIP
- Regular and affiliate members who have paid their membership dues for the specified period shall be considered “active” members.
- The validity period of active membership shall be for 2 years and this is subject to a renewal process.
- Voting rights: Only active and emeritus members have voting rights in the General Assembly.
- Participation in General Assembly: All members regardless of the membership categories are enjoined to attend the General Assembly.
- Elective and appointive positions: Only active and emeritus members are eligible for these positions.
- Discounted registration rates to APPSPGHAN-endorsed meetings, including FISPGHAN congresses.
The applicant must pay the membership fee and send the proof of payment via the registration system before
10 December 2020 in order to get the discount rate for registration in the 6th World Congress of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (WCPGHAN 2021). However, the member can also get the discount rate from the other APPSPGHAN-endorsed meetings.
5. PROCESS OF APPLICATION
Application for membership must be applied on-line via the APPSPGHAN website. The following documents are required:
For first-time applicants:
- Properly filled using the application through this link: https://appspghan.org/Membership/Application
- Copy of completion of training or certification from the training institution OR
Letter of recommendation from the President of the local pediatric gastroenterology, hepatology, and nutrition society OR any one of the APPSPGHAN Council member.
- Payment of membership dues.
For renewal of membership:
- Receipt or certification of payment of membership dues.
6. MEMBERSHIP FEE
The cost for new membership application is USD 120, which is applicable for two (2) years.
For renewal of the membership, the cost is USD 100 for two (2) years.
Note that if the membership has lapsed for more than one (1) month, the fee for renewal will be USD 120 for 2 years.
The applicant is responsible for the transfer fee.
All approved applications shall be announced at the next APPSPGHAN General Assembly. If the membership of a regular or affiliate member has lapsed for one (1) year or longer, the renewal of membership will require the approval from the APPSPGHAN Council upon the recommendation of the Executive Committee.